ABC Skateboarding Terms & Conditions
Use of our website as well as the sales and purchase of products, services and vouchers are governed by the terms and conditions set below. If you do not wish to accept or agree with our terms and conditions you may decide not to use our website or choose to contact us for more information. Once an order has been placed, processed, dispatch and the terms and conditions have been accepted a contract between ABC Skateboarding and you the customer will exist.
We reserve the right to withdraw or change our offers and services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
Our teaching policies and procedures
- ABC Skateboarding will provide suitably qualified instructors trained in the ABC Skateboarding methodology and programme.
- ABC Skateboarding Instructors will teach a programme focusing on achieving optimum results by supporting the skater and aiding correct technique through demonstration and manipulation.
- It is our policy to endeavour to provide a temporary replacement instructor in the event of any instructor absence.
- We reserve the right to replace instructors, if necessary once the term has started.
- Where the student is a minor, ABC Skateboarding Instructors can only be responsible for students during their skateboard lessons and parents and/or guardians are responsible at all other times. The skateboard lesson begins when the instructor accepts charge of the student from the parent or guardian and ends when the student is returned to the designated pick-up and drop-off point at the end of the lesson. Although instructors will endeavour to hand the student back directly to the parent or guardian the student is the full and sole responsibility of the parent or guardian when the student is returned to the designated pick-up and drop-off point at the end of the lesson. This is very important so please ensure that you or your appointed guardian are present at the designated pick-up and drop-off point at the end of the lesson. Where a student is a teenager over the age of sixteen years old the student may attend the lesson without the presence of a parent or guardian but the student remains the full and sole responsibility of the parent at all times before and after the lesson.
- Parents must remain with in a 10minute distance of the premises whilst the student is in their lesson. This is imperative in case of the unlikely event of a medical emergency, building evacuation or other situation.
- The Company retains a comprehensive Public Liability Insurance Policy, a copy of which is held at the company’s head office.
- ABC Skateboarding reserves the right to cancel or amend Lessons and Courses in exceptional circumstances.
Our booking and payment conditions
- A contract comprised of these terms and conditions will exist between us when we have taken your booking.
- You will then receive a confirmation detailing exactly what has been booked. If anything appears incorrect please contact us straight away.
- All correspondence will be with the person named on the confirmation invoice who accepts the following conditions on behalf of all participants.
- The contract between us is governed by English Law and any dispute will be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- There are no weekly lessons in Half Term breaks, School Holidays and Bank Holidays. Please refer to the Calendar for the Half Term and holiday dates.
- As ABC Skateboarding operates a rolling curriculum and small class sizes you are able to enrol and start your classes any week of the year. From commencement date these are consecutive weeks until the term’s end. The agreed start date cannot be varied once the booking has been completed.
- ABC Skateboarding takes credit and debit card payments through an encrypted secure Merchant Service.
- ABC Skateboarding may cancel Lessons if payment is not received within seven days or before the first Lesson date whichever is the sooner, or in the case of renewing your booking for the next term by the renewal deadline date.
- If ABC Skateboarding is unable to provide the Lessons for any reason we will offer you a Make-Up Lesson. If Swimming Nature cannot provide a Make-Up Lesson you will be entitled to a Credit to the value of the lessons not provided.
- Credits are valid for a period of six months from the time of application and can be used to reduce the fees of any course you book during that period. Thereafter the Credit will be forfeited and cannot be used against any future booking.
Renewing your booking from term to term
We look forward to teaching our students over a number of terms to ensure that they get maximum benefit from our lessons and become highly proficient skaters. To aid you in renewing your booking please note the following:
- We will provide you with a notice of renewal for the next term offering the opportunity to renew for the following term.
- Please note that if payment for a renewal is not received before the deadline date we can no longer reserve your place in the next term and if another customer books the space your place will be lost.
Changing, moving and cancelling lessons
We have tried to give you as much flexibility as possible within our operational constraints.
- You can change your booking space:
a) To help you be flexible in your schedule you can request us to change your lesson time, day, instructor or pool and we will accommodate your request with one weeks notice upon calling us subject to your requested space being available.
b) Where the student is a child you can transfer booked Lessons to their sibling with one weeks notice.
- You can use your lessons at a later date:
a) You can suspend your lessons for a minimum of six consecutive weeks in any one Term for medical reasons.
b) Any request to suspend lessons must be submitted in writing to Swimming Nature along with a medical certificate.
c) Where Lessons are suspended, the child will be taken out of the Lessons and the untaken Lessons will be put on account for future use.
d) Please note that, owing to limited availability, it may not be possible to resume the Lessons on a particular date. Instead, the student will be placed on the Waiting List and you will be contacted when a place becomes available.
e) Suspended lessons must be used by the end of the next term. The onus is on you to ensure that the lessons are used as we will not be able to call you to remind you to use the lessons. The fees paid for Lessons not used by this time will be forfeited and cannot be refunded.
f) When re-booking your suspended lessons, the remainder of the course must be purchased at the same time.
g) Re-booking the suspended Lessons is only possible once the period of suspension has ended.
- You can cancel term courses:
a) if after booking term lessons you wish to cancel a course you may do so by contacting us in writing within seven days of making the booking. You will receive a refund of the tuition fee paid.
b) If you wish to cancel a course after seven days of making your booking you may do so by contacting us in writing at any time before your first lesson or up to three working days after your first lesson. You will receive a refund of tuition fees paid less fees for the lesson provided if applicable.
c) However, after this period, we cannot provide Credits or refunds if you are unable to attend any of the lessons for any reason. If you cannot attend for a number of lessons in a row for medical reasons we suggest that you make use of the suspension facility detailed above.
- Please note that Swimming Nature reserves the right to cancel or amend Lessons and Courses in exceptional circumstances.
- There is an administrative charge of £10.00 where a cheque is returned unpaid by your bank or in the case of an unreasonably disputed credit or debit card payment.
- In circumstances where a payment is returned, we reserve the right to suspend a child’s place without a Credit being applied to the account or a refund made due for Lessons missed until the returned amount is repaid in full.
ABC Skateboarding do not disclose buyers/customers information to third parties. Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used and to store your details if you select the ‘Remember Me’ Option. Data collected by this site is used to:
- Take and fulfil customer orders
- Administer and enhance the site and service
- Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
Due to the nature of this business, stock availability can not be guaranteed. If your item(s) are in stock they will be shipped to reach you within 5 working days. If we are unable to get in contact with you within 5 working days a full refund will be issued via your original method of payment.